Client: Conde Nast Publications, a publisher of established magazines covering fashion, technology, food, and travel, including The New Yorker, Vogue, and Wired.
Objective: In 2007, Conde Nast decided to invest in an effective system for the backend management of their product licensing and eCommerce operations that works with their eCommerce front end environment and supports their Cartoon Bank, New Yorker Store, and Conde Nast Store online properties.
Solution: Colibri Solutions developed a comprehensive operations management solution incorporating CRM, sales, and ecommerce website integration. This solution provides:
- B2B and consumer CRM
- Customer service tools
- Sales and invoicing
- Credit card payment
- Inventory management
- Order fulfillment and multi-carrier shipping
- Custom product development
- Artist management and commissions
- Digital asset management
- eCommerce environment integration
- A full suite of sales and accounting reports
Business Impact: Conde Nast has a single technology solution that:
- Manages every aspect of their eCommerce operations
- Offers compatibility with their chosen eCommerce front end and their overall enterprise infrastructure
- Provides secure, high availability to multiple 3rd-party fulfillment vendors
- Was delivered on time and on budget
- Cost hundreds of thousands of dollars less than other enterprise-level options.
Technology: FileMaker Pro 11 and FileMaker Server 11; PHP; Citrix XenApp; Cybersource SOAP API; Venda eCommerce API; UPS and Endicia integration.